Facility Rental Guidelines
The Circus Schools mission is to preserve and protect the building and equipment within . Therefore, we ask guests attending social functions held at the The Circus School, to respect the environment in which they will be socializing. The renter/event sponsor will be required to sign a rental agreement that outlines guidelines including:
The rental fee covers the use of the Circus School area. The Renter agrees to vacate the area reserved for the Event at the scheduled conclusion thereof. An additional $200 fee will be added for each additional hour beyond the contracted time of the event.
The Circus School agrees to provide a temperature-controlled area, if requested removal and storage of floor based equipment, and general cleanup following the event (*Large trash, bags of bottles, and the like, the renter is responsible to remove). Specific equipment owned by The Circus School must be agreed to in advance of the event if the renter is to use it.
Types of Events
The Circus School provides a unique environment for receptions, dinners, small professional conferences, lectures, lunches, corporate recognition events and educational experiences for all ages. These include by are not limited to wedding ceremonies, rehearsal dinners and wedding receptions; political and religious events; and fundraising activities.
Hours of Events
We are open to host events any time so long as the location is not booked already.
At this time we do not have an exclusive caterer. Individual caterers, restaurant delivery or personal food service are permitted within the Circus School (So long as the renter take full responsibility for them and any mess and trash is removed) With the exception of hot plates, no open flames are allowed.
Renter shall pay a fifty percent (50%) of the total rental fees non-refundable deposit (“the Deposit”). The balance of the rental fees will be payable on or before the event, BEFORE the event starts. The Circus School shall have the option to terminate this Agreement in the event that Renter shall fail to make the balance payment as required herein.
Renter shall not be entitled to a refund of the Balance Payment if cancellation is given less than 48 hours to the Event.
If the event is rescheduled at a date convenient to all parties, the deposit moneys will be applied to the new date.
Circus Classes at the School can be arranged in advance for groups of 20 people for an additional charge of $25.00 per person (Minimum charge is $100).
The Circus School must be notified of the exact attendance for the Event five (5) business days in advance.
Alcohol, Wine and Beer
The Circus School DOES NOT HAVE and alcohol permit. As such no Alcohol is allowed to be sold. You may have a donation based bar or give away drinks. Any bar must have a certified bar tender working if any Alcohol is to be served. The Circus School reserves the right to suspend any event or production if guests get to rowdy.
A wine tasting must adhere to the established tasting guidelines and obtain the appropriate tasting license from Georgia. They must also supply the Circus School with a Certificate of Insurance. The certificate must indicate:
- General liability and liquor liability (ie: a winery and wine tasting Date (can be the full year or specific dates)
- Names “The Circus School LLC” & “The Imperial OPA LLC” as additional insured
- The coverage is to be minimally $1 million in liability coverage; preferably $3 million.
- The Renter/Winery must provide the Circus School with the current certificate of insurance no less than two weeks prior to the event.
The Circus School has a sound system available to provide background music for the Event. DJ’s, karaoke machines and bands are allowed inside the Circus School.
The Circus School also enjoys a partnership with The Imperial OPA Circus. As such professional Circus artists can be hired for any event.
Flash photography is permitted in the Circus School.
Function Room Set-Ups
The Circus School must approve Floor plan arrangements five (5) days prior to the event. No equipment, tables, chairs, etc. may be within five (5) feet of any work of art or stationary equipment that cant be moved.
Renter shall secure the prior approval of the Circus School for all physical arrangements for the Event, including table set up, displays and decorations. Without limiting the foregoing, Renter shall comply with the following:
- Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the Circus School building and grounds.
- Food and drink may not be taken out of the area Renter is renting.
- Artwork or cases containing pieces of art cannot be touched or leaned against. Nothing should be propped against or placed on top of cases including cups, plates or glasses.
- The Baby Grand piano cannot be touched or leaned against (*Unless you are playing it). Nothing should be propped against or placed on top of it including cups, plates or glasses.
- Candles or any open flames are not allowed. Sterno may be used only for hot plates.
- All decorations must be approved in advance by the Circus School. Nothing may be attached to any part of the building in any way either inside or outside.
Set-Up without first approval from the Circus School.
- Renter shall be permitted time, as available due to Circus School hours, to set up their event rooms. These arrangements shall be made in advance with the Circus School and must be made with the Circus School hours in mind. These hours will not be considered as hours being billed for the Event itself.
- We have old hard wood floors, no point stilettos or metal spike shoes are allowed.
Renter shall conduct the Event in an orderly manner, in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidelines outlined in this Agreement. The Circus School reserves the right to regulate any conduct it determines, in its sole discretion, to be disorderly. This includes up to and including closing the Event, closing specific areas of the Circus School and/or closing the Circus School in its entirety. Renter assumes full responsibility for the conduct of all persons attending the Event and for any damage caused either directly or indirectly by Renter, Renter’s guests or invitees in connection with the Event. The Circus School reserves the right to eject any person or person who fails to conduct themselves in the best interest of the Circus School.
Renter shall indemnify and hold harmless the Circus School, its contributors, its officers, directors, employees and agents from and against all claims, damages, losses, judgments and expenses arising out of the Renter’s use of the facility under this Agreement which are caused by the negligence, willful act or omission of the Renter. The Renter must also supply the Circus School with a Certificate of Insurance.
We need to the certificate to indicate:
- General liability
- Names “The Circus School LLC” & “The Imperial OPA LLC” as additional insured
- The coverage is to be minimally 1 million in liability coverage; preferably $3 million
- The Renter must provide the Circus School with the current certificate of insurance no less than two weeks prior to the event.
Without the prior written approval of the Circus School, the Renter shall not be entitled to use the named “The Circus School” in any of its literature or promotions of the Event other than to merely identify the location of the Event. All materials and literature shall be provided to the Circus School in advance of the Event.
In the event of an emergency, should it become necessary to cancel or postpone the Event due to fire, the elements, government intervention or regulations, strikes, acts of God or for any reason beyond the control of the Renter and the Circus School, this Agreement shall terminate and both parties waive any claim for damages and compensations.
Property of Guests
The Circus School shall not be liable for loss or damage to any personal property brought to or stored at the Circus School in connection with the Event.
Depending on the nature of the event, the Circus School may requires the Renter to have security at the Event, this cost is not included in the rental fee.
For further information regarding holding an event at The Circus School, please contact us using the form on the Contact page.